Thursday, 12 February 2009
Over Christmas a friend who was visiting asked me for the recipe for my favourite cake that she really liked - instead of just emailing it to her I made this card and enclosed the recipe.
I don't eat wheat so it's easy to feel a bit left out when there are yummy cakes and treats around! But this cake is sooo delicious! Really moist and a heavenly orangey smell. Here's the recipe if you're interested (it's a Nigella recipe):
4-5 Clementines (about 375grams)
250g ground almonds
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
1) Put the clementines in a pan with some cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 2 hours.
2) Preheat the oven to 190 C/Gas mark 5. Grease and line a 21cm Springform tin.
3) Drain and when cool, cut each Clementine in half and remove the pips.
4) Pulp everything – skins, pith, fruit – in a food processor (or by hand).
5) Beat the eggs. Add the sugar, almonds and baking powder. Mix well, adding the pulped oranges.
6) Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake for an hour, when a skewer will come out clean. (You probably will have to cover it with foil or greaseproof paper after about 40 mins to stop the top burning.
7) Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a rack. When the cake’s cold take it out of the tin.
You can also use an equal weight of oranges or lemons (for lemons increase sugar to 250g, and optionally add a glaze made of icing sugar mixed to a pasted with lemon juice and a little water)
Recipe (for the card!)
(All supplies Stampin Up unless stated)
Stamps - Tart and Tangy/Yummy (Sale-A-Bration set)
Ink - Pumpkin Pie/Always Artichoke
Card - Whisper White/Pumpkin Pie/Always Artichoke
Other - scallop edge punch/circle punches/brads/swiss dots cuttlebug folder/Always Artichoke ribbon
Thanks for stopping by today!