Tuesday 14 April 2009

Easter picnic



I hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend! Anyone else happy not to eat chocolate for a few days??!!

This is the card and little gift I gave to my dear dad for Easter. He's not a big chocolate fan so I bought some spiced nuts and packaged them up with a card to match. These seem to be my go-to male colours - Cream, Bashful Blue and Chocolate Chip.

The stamp is a Lockhart image, coloured with Copics - for the bag I cut him out and used him as a tag. Background paper on the card is Kraft paper from the Level 1 hostess 6 x 6 paper pack.

Yesterday (which was a Bank Holiday here in the UK) my best friend Ashley, her husband and their beautiful baby girl came to visit - Ashley and I shared a house at university, then lived together in London for years. Now we live 5 hours away from each other so time together is very precious!

Thankfully we had a glorious sunny day so we went out and had lovely picnic - I love this picture Ashley took of me and Sophie!!


Hope everyone has a great week, thanks for visiting!

Kate x

9 comments:

cardsandacuppa said...

Gorgeous card and gift for your dad. I'm glad the sun shone for you yesterday, the weather was beautiful here too- I can't wait for the summer !!!
hugs Sarah-Jane xx

Unknown said...

What a lovely gift and card gfor your Dad - I am sure he was thrilled! I especially love what you have done with the thread on the card. Stunning.

And as for that photo - wow how beautiful you both look

Emma said...

What a beautiful picture of you two. I love the expression on her little face - so curious. Glad you had a great Easter.

Emma x

Stephanie said...

What a precious photo Kate - just adoreable (Sophie looks cute too lol) xxx

Sara said...

Sweet photo of the two of you. And I like how you used the rabbit to make a tag for the package. Sara xx

KimB said...

Hi Kate,
your cards are always so elegant. Love the layout and the colours - I will add this colour combo to my "to try " list. The card and nut box made a really thoughtful present for you Dad. I can imagine my liking that too.

Kim

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Lovely, stunning creation for your dad.
And the photo of you and Sophie is beautiful

Caroline x

Tlbran said...

Love your card and goodie bag for your dad. Those are great colors and the bunny is too cute! Great picture of you and your friends daughter!

Tina Spohn said...

Oh my, what a lovely gift. It´s just perfect. But Sophie is the cutest girl ever.

Hugs Tina