Friday 24 July 2009

How many colours?!

Just catching up on some challenges I did last weekend (and only just getting round to posting now..typical!) Can you believe this is the first Kristina Werner Color Inspiration challenge I've ever done?! I've always meant to but have often been scared off by the number of colours!! Three is about my limit, but look.... I made myself do this one with SIX colours!


OK, five and white but even so, it WAS a challenge for me!! I combined it with last week's Hero Arts blog challenge which was to take inspiration for a project from any card on the re-vamped Hero Arts blog. I used the second card down on this page as my inspiration - I wanted to play with distress inks and water :)

Recipe:
Stamps - Bold Flourish/Thank You Messages (Hero Arts)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black/ Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks
Card - Stamper's Select White (Papertrey)/Certainly Celery (SU)/Rose Red (SU)/Iris (Memory Box)
Other - paper flowers/brad (SU)/linen thread (SU)/Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Punch


I'll hopefully be back in a bit with a card for today's Hero Arts blog hop...catch you soon!

Kate x

2 comments:

Emma said...

It can be a bit scary Mary to do all those colours but I love the way you have worked it into your card with that beautiful flourish.

Have a great weekend :D

Emma x

Aimes said...

Kate you truly are a clever clogs! I love the way you've used different coloured inks on your flourish - way to rock the challenge!
So pretty and I just love the layout too!
Hugs,
Aimes
x