Sunday, 2 August 2009

Time waster!



A last minute entry (again!) to Dawn's Colour Challenge - this is for a friend's daughter who turns 18 (how did you guess lol!) next week.



Recipe:
Stamps - In Bloom (Papertrey Ink)
Card - Stamper's Select White/Melon Berry/Spring Moss/Pure Poppy (All Papertrey Ink)
Other - Melon Berry ribbon (Papertrey Ink)/Martha Stewart Loops border punch/American Crafts chipboard numbers/Copic Sketch Markers/Dazzling Diamonds (SU)



You wouldn't believe how long this took me, and I'm still not happy with it (can't quite pin-point why though) - I covered and sanded 3 different sizes of chipboard numbers, didn't like any of them then found these red chipboard stickers... gah, could have saved myself a lo-ot of time!

I did, however, love colouring in the flower from my new Papertrey In Bloom set - isn't it stunning! I covered it with glitter for some shimmer - it looks much better in real lfe, honest!!!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend, it was nice to see a bit of sun!

Kate x

15 comments:

Helen F. said...

Don't be so critical of yourself--Your card is GORGEOUS! The In Bloom stamp set is so beautiful and your friend's daughter will love her B-Day card.

Heather P. said...

This card is fantastic! LOVE your amazing coloring!!

Alex said...

Beautiful card Kate, she'll love it.

Have a good week.

Alex x

Windy Robinson said...

Its a beautiful card!

Traci said...

This is so cute! I love the numbers you addes and the flower is so cute! Love that new MS border punch! I am definately going to have to get it after seeing it on a card!

Tina said...

Hello Kate,

I love the fresh colors you used and I bet the glitter really shimmers beautiful in real life. She will love this card, I promise. :)

Hugs, Tina

Julie said...

This card is beautiful and i'm sure your friends daughter wil love it - dont be so hard on yourself - you are so talented :)
Take Care and have a great Monday.
Ju xxx

Sue McGettigan said...

It's beautiful Kate! I know a certain almost-18-year-old who's going to LOVE it :)

Saxo Stamper said...

Gorgeous Kate - nothing to worry about there kiddo

K x

Savitri said...

That is so so so pretty!!! LOVE the feminine feel to this!!

Andrea McCulley said...

Beautiful card! I love your coloring and glittering of In Bloom! This is the first card I have seen using the new Martha Stewart loop punch...I have my eye on that punch!

Tonya said...

Is the "white" space throwing you off? That's usually what it is with me - if there is too much white I for some reason think something is wrong with it or I need to fill it. Truth is I end up making it worse.

You, however - have nothing to worry about - the card is absouletly lovely. Nice job.

gibbabe said...

This is a fabulous card i love it
Hugs
Sylviexx

simplyfairies said...

another fabbi card...

Joy said...

It's a gorgeous card, she will love it - who wouldn't? xx