Sunday 28 March 2010

Lacey teal

Good morning! Today is one of my favourite days of the year! Why? Because the clocks went forward last night (did you remember?!) which means the days are drawing out and spring MUST be here!

I made this card for Caardvarks' current challenge which is to make a card using lace - I found this beautiful teal lace in my ribbon basket so made a card based around it :)




Recipe:
Stamps - Fern/Script background (Hero Arts)
Card - Kraft (PTI)/Taken With Teal (SU)
Ink - Taken With Teal (SU)
Other - teal lace/sewing machine/gems/butterfly punch/Stickles


Wishing you a wonderful Sunday - I have nothing more planned than a big Sunday lunch and an afternoon's stamping, bliss!

Kate x

8 comments:

Emma said...

Oooh this is beautiful - only you could find that yummy turquoise lace! lol. I love the botanical and vintage feel combined with the turquoise.

Sounds my kind of day too - although I don't fancy your chances of not wanting a nap after that big lunch :D

Take care,

Emma x

Unknown said...

the lace are really sweet and beautiful, I love use lace.
I like the color combo that you used, great job!!

AuroraDawn said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I love the colours you've used and that stitching its perfect - I wish, whats the secret???

Sue McGettigan said...

Such a VERY pretty card, and you are the only person in the world I know who doesn't grumble about losing that hour of sleep when the clocks spring forward :)

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

This is beautiful Kate and love the color you used. We had to move our clocks forward a few weeks back and I am still struggling to get caught up - I do love the fact that it gets darker later in the day, but my time clock gets so messed up :)

Hope you have a great week.

Janet

Vanessa said...

This is so beautiful! Love your teal lace and your perfect stitching!

Hugs,
Vanessa x

Saxo Stamper said...

Gorgeous Kate x

I am pleased the clocks have changed too, but typical it rained so couldn't really enjoy the longer evening BAH!

Sam said...

Beautiful card Kate. I hope your Sunday afternoon stamping was blissful!

If your days are getting longer...that means ours are getting shorter, and colder...boo hoo! I'll be looking forward to seeing summery designs on your blog to get me through the winter here!

:-)
Sam.