Tuesday 10 August 2010

Summer birthday

Greetings from a very grey and wet corner of England! What happened to our summer?!

Yesterday was time for us to set another challenge on A Passion for Papertrey, and this time we've plumped for a 'long or tall card' theme. I felt in the mood for a bright, summery birthday card for my sample, and chose PTI's 'Take Three: Spring' set.

I'm afraid to say I didn't use any Papertrey inks on this card. If you're a member of the PTI forum you'll know what problems the company has had with their ink formulation, to the point of withdrawing all bar a few of their inks while they work on a new formula.

While the inks I used may not be an exact match for PTI colours, they are close enough and it was very satisfying to get a lovely clean image using chalk inks!




Recipe:
Stamps: Take Three - Spring
Card: Stamper's Select White/Raspberry Fizz
Ink: Colorbox chalk/Versamagic/Versafine Black
Other: Corner Chomper/Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing folder


Thanks for visiting today!

Kate x

3 comments:

Ann said...

Wowza, this is so fresh and bright! I love it!

We have crazy hot temps and humidity here in the Midwest...would you like me to send it over? Actual temp is around 33 C, with heat index (what it feels like with humidity) is 40 C!

Aimes said...

What you talkin' bout Lewis!?!?! It was like the most lovely day yesterday - we spent all day outside! Guess we got your rain today then LOL!!!
I love how fresh and clean this card is, hun! Fab colours! Fancy a cocktail?! LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I love the simplicity of this card Kate and those colour inks have worked just brilliant.
I hope the weather has picked up for you and thanks for your holiday wishes, we had a lovely time.
Hugs, Katie x