Friday 12 August 2011

Carrot and Orange

Happy Friday everyone. What a bizarre week it has been. I don't think anyone who lives in England thought we'd ever see the scenes we witnessed this week. I turned on my tv on Tuesday night to see shops on the road where I used to live in London on fire and looted.  Unbelievable.

But it's at times like these that I think the simple things in life like crafting and cooking bring even more comfort than normal. I managed to find time to do both this week for my dad's birthday. I was trying to stay away from the blues and browns (yawn!) I always head straight for when making male cards, so instead based the colour scheme on the flavour of the cupcakes - carrot and orange!
Card details:
Stamps: Tiny Treats Birthday
Card: Stamper's Select White, Orange Zest, New Leaf
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Copic Sketch Markers, Double Ended Banner dies, Limitless Layers 1 3/4" dies, Arglye Impression Plate

This is also my card for our brand new challenge on A Passion for Papertrey - check out the challenge here, and the prize you could win;)
Have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs,



No comments: