Monday 8 December 2008

Live your dream colour challenge


I really should start reading challenges more observantly!! This card was for In Love With Stamping's Colour Combo challenge last week - to use Really Rust, Basic Grey and Very Vanilla. That's Very Vanilla, NOT Whisper White as I used... Oh well! I'm pretty sure looking at it now I would have preferred the softer cream but hey-ho, not going to rip it apart and start over now!

I used a Really Rust marker and basic grey ink on the flowers from the Live Your Dream set then cut and embossed the image with the long rectangle nesties. Paper is from the retired Fall Flowers Designer Papers.

I didn't have any flowers that matched exactly so I coloured some with Copic markers, finally I paper pierced around the card and sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by today - I'll be setting a new Inspiration and Themes challenge on In Love With Stamping on Thursday so I hope you'll be able to play!

Recipe:
Stamps - Live Your Dream (SU)
Ink - Really Rust marker (SU)/Basic Grey/Versafine Black
Card/Paper - Whisper White/Basic Grey/Really Rust/Fall Flowers DSP (All SU)
Other - Long rectangle nestabilites/Cuttlebug/white flowers/Copic markers/Crafter's Tool Kit(SU)/ grey brads

5 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card. I love this stamp!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely colour combo! That stamp set is lovely too and I have it but have to confess not used it yet. You have inspired me!

Unknown said...

Love this Kate - great card :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful Kate.

Jo :)

Stephanie said...

This is lovely - you're one talented lady Kate :)