Wednesday 3 June 2009

Inspired by

I forgot to post the card from last week's Themes and Inspirations Challenge on ILWS on here (must be the sun!) - here's the inspiration piece I chose:


It's a cushion I found while browsing through Etsy - the design immediately jumped out at me. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark the page so can't credit the designer so if anyone knows please let me know.

Here's my card based on the picture:

The gorgeous swirl is from the Baroque Motifs set, and I used the small flower from the set to stamp a border around the sentiment.

Recipe:
Stamps - Baroque Motifs/Sincere Salutations
Ink - Ruby Red/Basic Black
Card - Very Vanilla/Ruby Red/Basic Black
Other - Petite Oval Nestabilities/Sewing machine/stickles


We set a new challenge on A Passion for Papertrey this week too, here's my card for the challenge, all details on the blog.


Thanks for visiting today!

Kate x

5 comments:

Need More Time to Craft said...

Hello Kate..wow love these colours. You SU card is stunning.
Carole x

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Kate

Love the colours, love the card, love everything.... you are so clever

K

Aimes said...

Hey Kate! Fab inspiration as always! You should just post a creation of your own for inspiration - your creations rock! Red was always too bold and scary for me, but not anymore! Your PTI card is very cool - does it stand up alone OK?! Will definitely 'attempt' this one for the PTI challenge!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sara said...

Thanks for the welcome back Kate.

These are two gorgeous cards. Your inspiration is always very stylish. Hopefully I'll be able to make time to play along this weekend. Sara xx

simplyfairies said...

Two utterly stunning cards there Kate!!