Thursday 15 July 2010

Cupcake birthday

Hello there! How's your week been so far? I've just got back from a lovely few days staying with my best friend, Ashley, in London - it's pouring with rain now, but the weekend was a scorcher! Lots of fun times catching up, and playing with her 2-year-old, who is my adorable surrogate 'niece' - shouldn't it be her on the motorbike in the playground, not me?! -




It was Ashley's birthday on Tuesday, and as someone who runs her own cake-making business, it seemed fitting to give her a cupcake flavoured card:



Recipe: (all PTI unless stated)
Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings/Vintage Picnic (sentiment)
Ink: Memento black
Card: Stamper's Select White/Pure Poppy/Hawai'in Shores
Paper: Beautiful Blooms
Other: Copic Sketch Markers/ Circle Nestabilities/Hawaiin Shores ribbon & button


Thanks for stopping by!

Kate x

8 comments:

Emma said...

Hee hee - what are you like!. I am guessing your adorable "niece" is thinking in this picture what is Auntie Kate-crazy lady doing on that bike LOL!

This card is GORGEOUS - what a clever thingy your are to mix the scrumptious paper with that stamp -surprisingly WOW!

Great to have you back- even if it is blinkin raining :D

Ann said...

Love the photo Kate - you look very happy on that bike!! And what a cute card - gorgeous colours and that cutcake looks just perfect to me!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Looks like you had a fab time Kate, love the "biker look" and what a little cutie!
I adore your card, it's so scrummy, this will go down a treat I'm sure ;)
Have a great weekend, Katie x

Jen Carter said...

This is so pretty! I love the Blossoms paper as the cupcake base! It works perfectly!

Alex said...

Great card Kate, I bet she loved it.

Glad to hear you're well and had a great time in London.

Have a good weekend.

Alex x

Sam said...

Wow Kate, this card is so fresh and yummy looking. It reminds me of summer...which it is there, but is most certainly NOT here :-(....I so want Summer back...

Looks like you had a lot of fun in London.

:-)
Best wishes,
Sam.

Ann said...

Oooh, this is so fresh and sweet! LOVE the colors!

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Kate,

This is just really lovely, very pretty colours and so elegant

k x