Thursday 29 July 2010

Embellish Challenge

Hey! I was just about to go to bed when I realised I hadn't entered my card into the current Embellish challenge.




I must say that I did find the colour scheme quite a challenge, but in the end quite like how it turned out! Here's what I came up with - it's the first time I've used my new Funky Flowers set from WPlus9, love those retro blooms!



Recipe:

Stamps: Funky Flowers (wPlus9)
Ink: Memento brown
Card: Kraft/Dark Chocolate/Orange Zest(PTI)
Other: Ric Rak die(PTI)/Sitckles/Copic Sketch Markers

Thanks for visiting today - I can't believe it's almost the weekend already, I hope you have a good one!

Hugs, Kate x

12 comments:

Ann said...

Oooh, yummy! Those funky flowers look great with that color scheme!

Emma said...

Oooh lovin this look on you honey. Gorgeous use of the ric-rac :D

Don't remember if I said but you gals sure do look gorgeous ;D

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Brilliant card, very Retro! I love the ric rac and I think the colours work great together :)
Katie x

Lynn (toomanycrayons) said...

Cute card and I love those funky flower stamps. Followed your link as I'd not heard of the company before. That's the best part about visiting new blogs - all the great tip offs you get for cute stuff.

Carly said...

Oh I'm so lovin' this card! Fabulous use of the colors in the challenge and what a great design!

Vanessa said...

Wow, this card is fab - love it so much! You used the colors so well! Thanks for sharing the photos of you and Aimes - you two look beautiful!! Hugs, Vanessa x

B said...

Ok, this is fabulous! Love the use of the colors and the ric rac!!!

Maile Belles said...

Very cute, love the ric rac borders! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Great layered ric rac! Thanks so much for taking on an Embellish challenge.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Oh, this is great Kate - I just love those flowers and have to head over to wPlus9 to get them (I haven't heard of them before, so thanks for showing us some of their stamps).

Thanks

Janet

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Cool, graphic flowers. The color combo works so well for your card.

Dawn said...

Lovin the retro vibe of this card. Thanks for showcasing Wplus9 so fantastically!