Wednesday 28 July 2010

Friends...

Hi peeps! How is your week so far? This is the first chance I've had to sit down and blog after my fabulous girly weekend with my best blogging buddies Aimes, Caryn and Steph. It was the first time we'd met up since last November so there was much excitement in the air!

As a group of Twilight-obsessed gals we planned our weekend around a trip to see Eclipse:




.. can you believe I managed to wait two whole weeks after the release to see it so I could see it for the first time with them haha!

Here we are after watching (or rather drooling over!) the film at Bluewater:




..and after having the best ice creams ever!



More shopping on Sunday - Aimes and I trying on the same top in Karen Millen!




Caryn giving a cookery demonstration!




...and Caryn, Aimes and myself in matching t-shirts haha!




What more could you ask for from a girly weekend than shopping, cocktails, a good dose of Edward and Jacob and lots and lots of laughing! Thanks for a great weekend gals, love ya!

In honour of our weekend, Aimes and I decided to give Monday's new challenge on A Passion for Papertrey a friendship theme. I used the adorable car image from Enjoy the Ride, paper piecing parts of the car with Beautiful Blooms papers - very flower power don't you think?!



Recipe:

Stamps: Enjoy the Ride, Friends til the End
Ink: Memento black
Card: Stamper's Select White/Hawaiin Shores/Pure Poppy
Papers: Beautiful Blooms
Other: Enjoy the Ride die/Rik Rack die/Copic Sketch markers

Thanks for stopping by today - I hope your week is filled with fun and friendship!

Kate xx

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

*sigh* why do all good things have to come to an end....& so quickly too! Roll on 'Breaking Dawn' reunion ;) XOXO

Sam said...

Hi Kate,

It looks like you and your friends had a fabulous time! I love your groovy friendship card. That blooms paper is divine!

Best wishes,
Sam.

PS. I haven't seen Eclipse yet either....no time! I am so, so sad :-(.

Aimes said...

Happy Days - *sigh* Oh what fun we had! Fab pics, hun - my fave has to be Caryn playing cookery TV show LOL!!!
You're on form with those DPs; I'm yet to open mine yet *blush* you've got me tempted to play with them now though!
Love ya!
Aimes
x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time, excellent photos, love the matching tops!
your card is so funky, I've finished my card for the current challenge and will post it soon.
From a "Team Jacob" fan!
Katie :) x

Ann said...

Looks like you girls had a FABULOUS time! Love your adorable card, too!

Alex said...

Great photos Kate, I bet the weekend was so much fun!

Love the card too, the papers are lovely, real flower power feel :)

Have a good Friday tomorrow.

Alex x

Unknown said...

Glad you all had such a good time - and what wonderful photos!

Love the card too

Here is to lots of fun filled times for everyone

Bx

Caryn said...

Awwww, what great photos Kate. I wish we could have had one more day - would love to "do London" with all you guys. Steph - if you're reading this - prepare yourself to be on the tube next time!!!! lol.

LOVE that card too - must cut into that paper!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

KimB said...

Hi Kate,

sounds like you had a super fun weekend and it inspired a fabulous card! Love how you paper pieced the cars with flower DSP - they just scream FUN TIMES.
Love Kim